Session - 1: Introduction to Android
- A little Background about mobile technologies
- Overview of Android -An Open Platform for Mobile development
- Open Handset Alliance
- What does Android run On –Android Internals?
- Why to use Android for mobile development?
Session –2: Developing for Android: My First Android Application
- How to setup Android Development Environment.
- Android development Framework – Android - SDK, Eclipse
- Emulators –What is an Emulator / Android AVD ?
- Creating & setting up custom Android emulator
- Android Project Framework
- My First Android Application
Session – 3: Android Activities and UI Design
- Understanding Intent, Activity, Activity Lifecycle and Manifest
- Creating Application and new Activities
- Expressions and Flow control, Android Manifest
- Simple UI – Layouts and Layout properties
- Fundamental Android UI Design
- Introducing Layouts
- Creating new Layouts
- Drawable Resources
- Resolution and density independence (px,dip,dp,sip,sp)
- XML Introduction to GUI objects viz.
- Push Button
- Text / Labels
- Edit Text
- Toggle Button
- Weight Sum
- Layout Weight
- Session – 4 : Advanced UI Programming
- Event driven Programming in Android (Text Edit, Button clicked etc.)
- Creating a splash screen
- Event driven Programming in Android
- Android Activity Lifecycle
- Creating threads for gaming requirement
- Understanding the Exception handler
Session – 5: Toast, Menu, Dialog, List and Adapters
- What is Menu?
- Custom Vs. System Menus
- Creating and Using Handset menu Button (Hardware)
- What are Android Themes? What is Dialog? How to create an Alter Dialog?
- What is Toast in Android?
- List & Adapters
- Manifest.xml File Update
Session –6: Multimedia Programming using Android
- Multimedia audio formats - Creating and Playing
- Multimedia audio formats - Kill / Releasing (Memory Management)
- How to associate audio in any application
- How to associate video playback with an event
Session –7: Database - SQLite
- Introducing SQLite
- SQLite Open Helper and creating a database
- Opening and closing a database
- Working with cursors Inserts, updates, and deletes
Session–8 : Location Based Services and Google Maps
- Using Location Based Services
- Working with Google Maps
- Notification Manager
- Pending Intent
- Notifications (Show and Cancel)
Session –10: How to develop your own custom made Web browser
- How to use Web View object in XML
- Permission for using the Internet
- Methods for associated with ‘Go’, ‘Back’, ‘Forward’ etc.
Session –11: Android Development using other Tools
- Other ways to Develop Android Applications
- Graphics / Game development using Adobe CS5.5 Flash
- How to render .apk file from Adobe Flash
Session –12: Testing and Debugging Android Application
- Role and Use of Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS)
- How to debug android application
- Use of Step Filters, Breakpoints, Suspend and Resume
- How to use LogCat (Verbose, Debug, Info, Warn, Error, Assert)
- Use of Perspectives
Session –13: Installation of .apk
- How to install .apk into your
- Android Mobile.